2018 Paulding Community Back to School Event
Saturday, July 21, 2018 – 10:00am – 1:00pm
Dianne Wright Innovation Center
The Paulding community is coming together for their annual Back-to-School Event for students attending Paulding County schools. This event is provided completely by donations from the community and intended for families who are in need of help to make sure their students are ready with necessary school supplies for the first day of the new school year.
They are still in need of donations, especially backpacks (non-drawstring, large for middle/high school), pens, glue sticks, filler paper, 1 1/2″ 3-ring binders, colored pencils, 3×5 index cards and so much more. See the complete supply list is on their Facebook page (link below).
The host location is the Dianne Wright Innovation Center located at 140 Bethel Church Rd., Hiram, GA 30141. This is a family friendly event, sponsored by the Paulding Family Connection. There will be games, snacks and other activities. The Paulding Health Department will provide health checks for your child if they need the school 3300 health form.
- Each registered student will receive a backpack with basic school supplies.
- Each child MUST be pre-registered to make sure we have enough backpacks for all registered students.
- When registration fills up and if you are unable to register your child, you are invited to attend the event, enjoy the activities, receive any required school health checks from the Paulding Health Department AND sign the waiting list.
- IF any backpacks are left over at the end of the event at 1:00pm, we will distribute those backpacks to the waiting list beginning at 1:15pm – a family member must be at the school when we begin giving out to the waiting list. These will be given out in the order signed up on the list.
- The building must be closed by 2pm.
To register your child, go to:
Registration will close when all 800 slots are filled. Make sure you register your student as soon as possible!
Backpack volunteers are also needed to help Paulding’s students for a successful school year! Please register today and join the Paulding Family Connection by helping fill backpacks with basic school supplies and distribute them to students enrolled K-12 in Paulding County Schools. Groups are welcome and the blessing you will receive will be immeasurable.
Registration for volunteers ends July 16 and can be done by going to:
If you have questions or need more information about the event or the Paulding Family Connection, please email Nina Lauter, Coordinator for Paulding Family Connection at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-443-8003 x 10211. Visit the Paulding Family Connection online at http://paulding.gafcp.org/ or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyChildrensCabinet.
Here is a website that offers backpacks and school supplies at bulk rates: http://bagsinbulk.com/.
Monetary donations can also be made by mailing a check made out to: Family Alliance Paulding with the notation “2018 Back to School Event” and mailed to: Nina Lauter, Paulding Family Connection, 140 Bethel Church Rd., Hiram, GA 30141.